What You’ll Learn
The course covers everything you need to know to launch a successful LifeSteps® program. It:
- Develops your skills in behavioral techniques, behavioral feedback and group management.
- Certifies you to deliver LifeSteps® in a variety of setting, including worksites, private medical practices, fitness centers and wellness and bariatric clinics.
- Provides RDNs with 15 CPEs that can be completed on your schedule, in your home or office.
Course Objectives: After completing the Leader Training, you will be able to:
- Identify all components of the LifeSteps® Weight Management Program.
- Know how to use each component effectively.
- Apply cognitive-behavioral strategies and group facilitation skills in a weight management setting.
- Understand when and how to provide behavioral feedback to clients.
- Apply goal setting concepts to specific client situations.
- Function as an independent contractor of the LifeSteps® Weight Management Program.
- Market and promote the program.
- Required, background reading
- PowerPoint presentations
- “Hands on” assignments using the LifeSteps® program materials
- Review through quizzes and tests
- Idea sharing
How It Works
The course is taught entirely online. All you need is:
- A computer
- An internet connection and
- 6-8 weeks to complete the LifeSteps® Leader Training Course!
- You complete the course at your own pace, on your own time, in the convenience of your home or work setting.
- The course is open and available for you 24/7.
- There is no set time to log-in and you can work when it fits your schedule.
- Plan for about 3 hours per week to complete the tasks.
How Do I Start? Apply to Be a Leader
We are proud to say it! “Not just anyone can teach LifeSteps®!
Only Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and qualified health professionals can become LifeSteps® Leaders.” It’s what sets LifeSteps® apart from other weight management programs and one way we maintain the integrity and quality of the program.
All non-RDN applicants must demonstrate ongoing continuing education in nutrition through workshops, seminars, conferences, etc. within the last 5 years and meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold a degree in nutrition from an accredited college or university, OR
- Hold a 4-year degree in a related health field and have completed a minimum of one college-level course in human nutrition, OR
- Hold a 4-year degree in a non-related field, have 5 years’ work experience in a health-related field, and have completed a minimum of one college-level course in human nutrition from an accredited college or university within the past 5 years.
Download brochure with information about the LifeSteps® lifestyle change program to share with your colleagues and administrators.
LifeSteps® is a Continuing Professional Education Accredited Provider through the Commission on Dietetic Registration